988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
Mental Health Support & Screening
- Find Support through SAMHSA – https://www.samhsa.gov/find-support
- Mental Health Screenings – https://screening.mhanational.org/screening-tools
SC DMH’s Interactive Mental Health screening tools staffed by mental health clinicians.
- SC Department of Mental Health (SC DMH) – https://scdmh.net
- Hope Connects You – https://hope.connectsyou.org
Hope Connects Kids – https://hope.connectssckids.org
SC DMH’s Interactive Mental Health screening tools staffed by mental health clinicians
- Sound It Out – https://sounditouttogether.org
A campaign that uses the power and soul of music to help parents and caregivers support their children’s emotional wellness.
- Department of Social Services – https://dss.sc.gov/contact-dss
Free services to handle abuse and neglect of minors, elderly, and those unable to help themselves for any reason in all South Carolina counties.
- Julie Valentine Center – www.julievalentinecenter.org
Counseling and support services for victims of molestation, rape, incest or any sexual abuse. No fees.
- Safe Harbor – www.safeharborsc.org
Safe Harbor offers a continuum of services for survivors of domestic violence and their children in Greenville, Anderson, Pickens and Oconee Counties.
- SC Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault – www.sccadvasa.org
- Veterans Crisis Line – www.veteranscrisisline.net
24/7, confidential crisis support for Veterans and their loved ones
- The National Center for PTSD – www.ptsd.va.gov
Offers a host of resources on understanding, screening for, and treating PTSD. Veterans can take a PTSD Self-Screen, access the PTSD Bytes podcast, hear Veterans’ stories about their PTSD experience, download the PTSD Coach app, and more.
- Wounded Warrior Project – www.woundedwarriorproject.org
Serves veterans and service members who served in the military on or after September 11, 2001, and incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound during or after service.
- Upstate Warrior Solution – upstatewarriorsolution.org
Serves veterans and first responders
- StopBullying.gov – www.stopbullying.gov
Provides information from various government agencies on what bullying is, what cyberbullying is, who is at risk, and how educators and adult community members can prevent and respond to bullying.
- 864 Pride – https://864pride.org
- PrideLink – https://pridelink.org
- Upstate Pride – https://www.upstatepridesc.org
- Uplift Outreach Center – https://upliftoutreachcenter.org
- Harriet Hancock Center – harriethancockcenter.org
- We Are Family – wearefamilycharleston.org
- The Trevor Project – www.thetrevorproject.org
Aims to end suicide among LGBTQ young people by providing information & support 24/7, all year round.
- The National Resource Center on LGBTQ+ Aging – www.lgbtagingcenter.org
A technical assistance resource center focused on improving the quality of services and supports offered to older LGBTQ+ adults and their families and caregivers.
- SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Equity Program – www.samhsa.gov/behavioral-health-equity/lgbtqi
Offers resources and training opportunities for practitioners serving LGBTQ+ youth.
MHAGC also maintains a resource library with print media on a variety of mental health issues. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like information on a particular topic.