- Justice demands that every person, regardless of disability and other characteristics such as race, ethnicity, gender, age, economic status or sexual orientation, has the right and responsibilities of full participation in society. (NMHA)
- Mental health is essential to the development and realization of every person’s full potential.
- People with mental illnesses can recover and live healthy and productive lives.
- Mental health treatment should not have more limits on access and reimbursements than other illnesses.
- All people should have access to a full array of high quality, community based, culturally competent, integrated mental health services, regardless of ability to pay.
- All consumers, parents and families are unique and essential participants in providing advocacy, services, education, and training.
- The promotion of mental health and the prevention of mental, emotional and social problems is the responsibility of every person and social institution in the community.
- Broad-based citizen participation is essential to our community’s mental health.